NAME: Catherine Hicks
TITLE: Senior Associate
PRACTICE AREA: Corporate and M&A
EDUCATION: University of Limerick and the Law Society of Ireland
PROFILE: Catherine joined the Corporate and M&A Department of Dillon Eustace in 2007. Catherine advises generally on corporate and commercial matters having particular experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations, shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures, private equity, employee share schemes and corporate governance.
RECENT ENDORSEMENTS: In recent reviews clients praise Catherine’s work ethic and technical advice which is described as “second to none” and recognise her as being among “the best and most talented lawyers” they’ve worked with. (IFLR 1000, 2016)
- Advised the Centric Healthcare Group on its acquisition of the Primacare Healthcare Group
- Advised FBD Holdings plc on the issue of a €70m convertible bond
- Advised the vendors of a number of pharmacies in relation to their sale to the Lloyds Pharmacy Group
- Advised the Centric Healthcare Group on its refinancing and associated shareholder restructuring
- Advised Perrigo Company on its $8.6 billion acquisition of Elan Corporation plc (Global M&A Deal of the Year 2014 - The American Lawyer)
- Advised FBD Holdings plc. on its $120 million joint venture arrangements with Farmer Business Developments relating to FBDs Irish and Spanish property and leisure assets and the subsequent disposal of its joint venture interest.
- Assisted in advising NAMA in relation to the loan sale deed aspects of the sale of a number of Irish loan books including Project Arch which consisted of loan and security assets with a par value of €608 million and Project Emerald / Ruby which had a par debt value of approx. EUR6.5 billion.