Arbitration and Mediation
The Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group advises on all aspects of arbitration under the Arbitration Act 2010, which adopts the UNCITRAL Model Law for all arbitrations in Ireland whether international commercial arbitrations or otherwise.
The team also advises whether and when it is appropriate to mediate, the attributes required of a mediator in particular circumstances and in respect of all matters relating to the practicalities of the mediation and the tactical issues which arise.
The team also facilitates the holding of mediations and provides accredited mediation services.
Our recent experience includes:
- acted for a major international telecommunications company in proceedings before the Commercial Court to enforce an Austrian arbitration award of almost €280 million. The application for enforcement of a foreign arbitral award under the 2010 Arbitration Act was the first of its kind in Ireland.
- acting in multi-million euro arbitration arising out of the compulsory purchase of land by a local authority.
- acting for various parties in arbitration proceedings arising out of building disputes.
- acting for insurers in arbitration proceedings relating to coverage disputes.
- acting for investment intermediaries in mediation procedures with the Financial Services Ombudsman.