Environmental and Planning
Our specialist environmental law team advises companies and public bodies on meeting the increasingly complex requirements of environmental regulation.
More stringent environmental regulation and legislation is now a reality across all sectors, and particularly in the waste, energy and construction industries. Companies face higher levels of liability risk arising from a wide range of circumstances, including mergers and acquisitions, property purchase, disposal of waste, pollution control, and energy production and supply.
Our environmental law specialists deal with regulatory authorities, carry out due diligence, design effective compliance frameworks, and bring or defend criminal and civil actions.
Our services include:
- Environment Due Diligence: Examining corporate compliance with environmental requirements in mergers and acquisitions.
- Land Contamination Issues: Liability of owners and occupiers and remediation of contaminated property.
- Regulation and Compliance: Inferfacing with the regulatory authorities and drafting compliance plans.
- Waste Management: License/permit applications and transfers and waste service contracts.
- IPPC licensing: Licensing applications and compliance.
- Planning: Advising on planning applications, appeals and waste management plans.
- Enforcement:: Advising on powers and procedures of public authorities.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Defending or prosecuting civil and criminal actions and judicial review of public authority decisions.
- Competition: Market abuse and referrals to the Competition Authority and European Commission
- Procurement: Advising public and private bodies on procurement of infrastructure and services.