NAME: Adrian Benson
PRACTICE AREA: Corporate and M&A, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery
EDUCATION: University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland
PROFILE: Adrian joined Dillon Eustace in January 2005 and was appointed a partner in 2006. Adrian has extensive experience advising on a wide range of corporate transactions and commercial arrangements across a wide range of industries including mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organisations, shareholders agreements and disputes, joint ventures, private equity and corporate governance.
- Advised Verisk Analytics, Inc. (a US data analytics and risk assessment firm) in relation to its acquisition of Risk Intelligence Ireland, a leading provider of fraud detection, compliance, risk control, and process automation services to the Irish insurance industry.
- Advised Global Payments Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Realex Payments for €115m.
- Advised BDO in connection with the sale of its private wealth management advisory business to Goodbody Stockbrokers.
- Advised Dilosk in connection with its acquisition of the ICS brand, mortgage distribution platform and a pool of performing mortgages for c.€223 million from Bank of Ireland.
- Advised Perrigo Company on its $8.6 billion acquisition of Elan Corporation plc (Global M&A Deal of the Year 2014 - The American Lawyer).
- Advised the purchasers of the Sunday Business Post in respect of its acquisition from the company’s examiner.
- Advised online games company Gala Networks Europe (a leading publisher of free-to-play multiplayer online games within Europe) and its parent in connection with its sale to Webzen Inc.
- Advised a leading fund administrator providing the world’s most comprehensive array of products and services under a public, independent, single platform in connection with the Irish law and tax aspects of its worldwide group re-organisation.
- Advised one of the world’s leading providers of business support solutions in connection with the Irish law aspects of a group re-organisation and asset distribution.
- Advised a leading private equity firm that invests globally in distressed assets in connection with the cross border merger of two of its group entities.
- Advised one of the top three banks in Russia on a number of Irish group shareholding and restructuring matters.