Financial Services Litigation
The Financial Services Litigation Group acts for financial institutions including banks and investment management houses as well as investors and fund service providers in relation to a wide range of disputes concerning investment products, mutual funds, guarantees and indemnities and insider dealing.
Dillon Eustace has an outstanding worldwide reputation in the area of asset management, investment funds, securtisation, insurance and re-insurance. The Financial Services Litigation Group have an excellent mixed knowledge base and are able to draw from their financial services and commercial litigation experience to provide clients with an exceptional service.
The Financial Services Litigation Group has extensive experience in acting in complex contentious disputes for banking and financial services clients. The firm is presently acting in the second largest piece of litigation ever in Ireland and the first under the EU UCITS Directive.
Our recent experience includes:
- acting for investors of an Irish domiciled fund, representing claims worth over $250 million in litigation before the Commercial Court arising out of the Madoff scandal. This is the largest group of investors in this litigation worth in total in excess of $1 billion.
- acting for a fund service provider in proceedings relating to an Irish domiciled fund arising out of the Madoff scandal in a claim before the Commercial Court worth in excess of $100 million.
- acting for a brokerage house in a series of High Court and Commercial Court proceedings relating to the mis-selling of a bond to investors.
- acting for a shareholder of a Cayman domiciled investment fund which collapsed due to fraud, in Commercial Court proceedings. This was one of the first litigation actions involving a major Irish serviced hedge fund to come before the Commercial Court.
- advising international clients in relation to multi-jurisdictional document disclosure and electronic discovery. Advising on complying with orders for discovery and inspection, the privilege issues as well as document review and risk management strategies.
- acting for investment managers, trustees and administrators in potential negligence actions in carrying out duties on behalf of investment funds.
- representing investors affected by government intervention in capital markets.
- advising on regulatory issues investigations and anti-money laundering.