The Aviation Group acts for airlines, aircraft owners, manufacturers, operators and insurers in the areas of product liability, insurance claims, regulatory issues and enforcement of security. The team has significant expertise in the area of aircraft arrest and detention.
We also advise ground handling companies, aircraft maintenance companies and airbridge manufacturers in respect of litigation issues arising out of their operations in Irish airports.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising lead underwriters in relation to a commercial aircraft accident in 2011 in Cork.
- advising lead underwriters in relation to aircraft accident in 2010 in Wicklow .
- advising lead underwriters in relation to aircraft accident in 2007 in Galway.
- advising lead underwriters in relation to helicopter accidents involving injuries and fatalities.
- advising lead underwriters on contingent hull liability converage issues.
- advising a number of major international airlines and insurers in relation to claims under the Montreal Convention and Denied Boarding Regulations.
- advising an international airline on a contentious operational issue with airport authority.
- advising international airlines in relation to regulatory matters, including EU legislation, The Irish Aviation Authority and The Commission for Aviation Regulation.