NAME: Shane Geraghty
TITLE: Senior Associate
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services
EDUCATION: University College Dublin, Law Society of Ireland. Also Admitted in England and Wales. Attorney-at-law (Cayman Islands 2015)
PROFILE: Shane trained in Dillon Eustace and has been a solicitor in the Asset Management and Investment Funds Group since qualifying in 2009. Shane advises primarily in the area of asset management and investment funds and has advised clients on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters. Shane has particular experience the establishment and maintenance of Alternative Investment Funds Managers Directive (AIFMD) compliant Qualifying Alternative Investor Funds (QIAIFs), UCITS products (Unit Trusts and Plcs) and, more recently, on the establishment of Irish Collective Investment Asset-management Vehicles (ICAVs). Shane also worked at the Firm’s Cayman Islands office and has significant experience in Cayman fund structuring.
- Advising a UK based asset manager on the establishment and authorisation of a UCITS platform and in particular in relation to the establishment of a UCITS master feeder fund structures;
- Advising a Swiss asset manager on the establishment and authorisation of Qualifying Investor AIF platforms for large institutional pension funds;
- Advising on and obtaining authorisation for an Irish UCITS Management Company to act as a discretionary investment manager to non-Irish domiciled collective investment schemes;
- Advising a Irish Alternative Investment Fund Manager on the AIFMD Passporting requirements;
- Advising a Swiss asset manager on the establishment and authorisation on a number of closed-ended and limited liquidity Qualifying Investor AIFs with investment strategies related to syndicated loans;
- Advising a UK asset manager on the extension of a closed-ended Qualifying Investor AIF and all legal and regulatory requirements with respect to same;
- Advising an Irish subsidiary of a large Belgian asset manager in relation to their Irish domiciled UCITS structure;
- Advising on the establishment and authorisation of an Irish Qualifying Investor AIF ICAV for investment in Irish Commercial Real Estate;
- Advising an Irish Alternative Investment Fund Manager in relation to their appointment to a number of Cayman Islands Exempt Limited Partnerships which pursue direct lending strategies using multiple sub-investment managers.