NAME: Muireann Reedy
TITLE: Senior Associate
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services – Regulatory Investigations
EDUCATION: University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland
PROFILE: Muireann is a Senior Associate in the Regulatory Investigations Unit. Prior to joining Dillon Eustace in August 2016, Muireann spent over 5 years working in the Central Bank of Ireland’s Enforcement Division, where she was responsible for all aspects of running regulatory investigations under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Administrative Sanctions Procedure, including leading regulatory interviews, settling enforcement cases and referring a major case to Inquiry. Prior to this, Muireann worked in another leading Irish firm where she practiced in the area of Litigation.
- Responsible for investigating several Administrative Sanctions Procedure cases spanning the areas of insurance, banking and credit unions.
- Involved in settling several Administrative Sanctions Procedure cases, including one which settled with an individual and others which settled for multi million euro.
- Responsible for leading regulatory interviews (including those in which compulsory powers were used), as part of investigations under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Administrative Sanctions Procedure.
- Responsible for drafting an Investigation Report in respect of a major insurance case which was referred by the Central Bank of Ireland to Inquiry.
- Attended Inquiry Management Meetings on behalf of the Central Bank of Ireland in respect of a major insurance case.
- Provided advice to Supervisory Divisions within the Central Bank of Ireland on potential enforcement cases across a range of sectoral areas.
- Advised clients on fitness and probity queries raised by the Central Bank of Ireland.