NAME: Jeff Mackey
TITLE: Senior Associate
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services
EDUCATION: University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland
PROFILE: Jeff joined the Firm in February 2006 and qualified as a solicitor in 2009 specialising in the area of investment funds and asset management. He advises on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters and has extensive experience in the establishment and operation of UCITS and alternative investment funds. Jeff is particularly involved in the area of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and is a regular contributor to ETF publications and conferences. His clients include a broad range of financial institutions carrying out business in Ireland including both fund promoters/managers and Irish based service providers.
- Advising on the establishment of the first Irish authorised actively managed UCITS ETF.
- Advising on the introduction of an international clearing and settlement system and separately a cross-listing solution for an ETF. .
- Advising on the establishment of traditional and alternative investment funds, including UCITS and AIFs, for promoters with a wide range of strategies including equity funds, credit funds, real estate funds, money market funds and fixed income funds.
- Advising on the registration of investment funds in Europe and Asia.
- Advising a UK asset manager on the establishment and maintenance of a UCITS platform for distribution in Asia.
- Advising a UCITS management company on its application to the Central Bank for authorisation as an AIFM.
- Advising a UK AIFM on the establishment and maintenance of a QIAIF master-feeder ICAV.