NAME: Grace O'Connor
TITLE: Senior Associate
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services
EDUCATION: University College Cork and the Law Society of Ireland. Also admitted in England and Wales
PROFILE: Grace joined Dillon Eustace as a solicitor in 1998 having previously spent 2 years in the Irish Stock Exchange (Funds Listing Department). Her main area of practice is financial services and she advises fund promoters/asset managers (mainly in the UK, Italy and US), investment funds, management companies and their service providers on a wide range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters including the structuring, establishment and regulation of all types of mutual funds. Grace is a member of the Irish Fund’s working group on Distribution in Europe and has lectured in the Law Society of Ireland on investment fund related matters.
- Advising an Irish manager on the establishment and approval of a number of sub-funds within one of its umbrella UCITS with varying strategies and complex use of derivatives..
- Advising a large UK asset manager on the establishment and approval of a number of sub-funds within its umbrella QIAIFs (marketing mainly to UK pension funds) and certain of which benefit from UK tax transparency status.
- Advising an Irish asset manager on the update of multiple terms of business contracts, to include liaising and negotiating with each counterparty.
- Providing ongoing advices to a number of large umbrella UCITS and AIFs mainly structured as fund of funds/fund of hedge funds, to include advising on post-authorisation legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Providing ongoing advices to and co-ordinating the registration of a number of UCITS in multiple European and non-European jurisdictions, to include liaising with local counsel in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Advising various types of Irish regulated entities within a large group of companies on acquiring transaction notifications and regulatory filings.