NAME: David Walsh
TITLE: Senior Associate
OFFICE: New York
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services
EDUCATION: University College Dublin (Bachelor of Civil Law and Masters in Commercial Law) and the Law Society of Ireland.
PROFILE: David joined Dillon Eustace in 2007 and qualified as a solicitor in 2010. David advises on the establishment, authorisation, operation and maintenance of Irish regulated UCITS funds and open and closed-ended Alternative Investment Funds. David has been seconded to US and French asset management clients of Dillon Eustace in both London and Paris.
David is currently based in the New York office where he advises large U.S. asset managers with respect to their Irish domiciled funds. David works closely with US asset managers, and their onshore legal advisers, to provide Irish legal advice in an efficient and timely manner. David keeps close to legal, regulatory and industry developments in the US which enables the lawyers in the Irish and Cayman offices to better understand the needs of their clients.
- Advising on the formation of a wide range of investment funds, including UCITS, Qualifying Investor Funds, property funds, exchange traded funds, master-feeder funds and index tracking funds.
- Advising US and European asset managers seeking Central Bank of Ireland approval to act as investment manager to Irish domiciled funds.
- Advising on the establishment and operation of Alternative Investment Fund Managers and UCITS management companies.
- Acting for a broad spectrum of UCITS – long-only funds, long/short funds, multi-asset funds, managed future strategy funds and UCITS with a complex use of derivatives.
- Advising on securities law matters relating to securities lending arrangements and collateral requirements.
- Advising private equity funds in the energy and infrastructure sector.
- Advising on the structuring and establishing of UCITS IV master feeder complex for sale within the UK insurance market.
- Advising a number of asset management groups on Irish regulatory aspects of group restructurings.
- Advising on the cross-border aspects of UCITS funds marketing and entering both European and non-European markets.