NAME: Emmet Quish
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services
EDUCATION: University College Cork and the Law Society of Ireland.
PROFILE: Emmet joined Dillon Eustace in 2005, qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and became a partner in 2017. He specialises in the area of financial services law and advises asset managers, investment funds, management companies and their service providers on a wide range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters. Emmet has particular experience in the structuring, establishment and operation of all types of investment funds including UCITS and alternative investment funds as well as the establishment and operation of UCITS management companies and alternative investment fund managers (AIFM).
Emmet has been active in making industry submissions to the Central Bank of Ireland and has contributed to international financial services texts.
- Advising a large UK asset manager on the reorganisation, re-branding and consolidation of its UCITS fund range to include a number of UCITS mergers.
- Advising a Jersey based promoter on the establishment of a UCITS umbrella platform and the establishment of a listed private equity UCITS.
- Advising a UK AIFM in respect of ongoing Irish legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Advising a large Luxembourg based platform on the requirements for marketing of foreign funds in Ireland.
- Advising a UK asset manager on the redomiciliation of its Cayman fund range to Ireland.
- Advising a large US asset manager on the establishment and authorisation of a self-managed UCITS and on post-authorisation legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Providing ongoing advices to a number of UCITS and QIAIFs with respect to the cross border registration of their offering throughout Europe and Asia.
- Conducting due diligence reviews of proposed fund of fund investments for the manager of the financial assets of a global retail company.