NAME: Donnacha O’Connor
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services, Asset Management and Investment Funds, Investment Services, Derivatives
EDUCATION: University College Dublin and the Law Society of Ireland. Attorney, New York State
PROFILE: Donnacha joined Dillon Eustace in 2001 from the asset management arm of a leading international bank and became a partner in the Financial Services Group in 2004. Donnacha has particular expertise in advising hedge funds, and also has significant derivative practice.
- Advises in the registration of the first Irish non-UCITS hedge fund for public sale in Italy.
- Negotiating a suite of ISDA master agreements for a leading international multi-manager.
- Advises on the establishment of a regulated fund administration company in Ireland.
- Advises a leading commercial bank in relation to a series of secured loan transactions to a number of funds.
- Advises a prime broker in relation to the implementation of a secured liquidity fund account structure as part of its prime brokerage product.
- Advises an Irish investment management firm in relation to establishing its first investment fund.
- Advises a U.S. fund of funds manager on the establishment of a master feeder fund of funds and managed account platform for simultaneous sale to U.S. and non-U.S. investors.
- Advises a U.S. broker-dealer in relation to the establishment of a brokerage firm in Ireland.
- Advises a client in relation to the establishment of a front-office asset management firm in Ireland.