NAME: Brian Dillon
PRACTICE AREA: Asset Management and Investment Funds, Financial Services
EDUCATION: Trinity College, Dublin University and the Law Society of Ireland
PROFILE: Brian joined Dillon Eustace in 1994 as a trainee solicitor and has been a partner in the Financial Services Department since 2002. Brian established the firm's Tokyo representative office and managed it from 2000 until 2002, during which time he was admitted as a foreign member of the Japanese Federation of Bar Associations. He is currently a committee member with the Irish Funds Industry Association and a member of the International Bar Association. Brian has been admitted as a registered Foreign Lawyer by the Law Society of Hong Kong. Brian sits on the board of several client companies.
- Advised Japanese, Hong Kong ,Singaporean, Australian, UK and US asset managers on the establishment of UCITS umbrella funds.
- Advises Chinese asset managers on appropriate Irish Regulated Fund structures.
- Advises asset managers on the establishment of Exchange Traded Funds.
- Advised the promoters of Common Contractual Funds established in Ireland.
- Advises Irish fund administrators and custodians on fund disputes and related regulatory issues.
- Advises on the registration of Irish investment funds in Europe and Asia.
- Advises asset managers on the listing of Irish and non Irish funds on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the establishment of Real Estate Funds.
- Advised asset managers on the redomiciliation of funds to Ireland.
- Advises client on Alternative Investment Fund Managers application to the Central Bank of Ireland.